Cinco de Mayo Prep

I will still be juicin' on one of my favorite days of the year, Cinco de Mayo.  5/5. So harmonious.

Obviously I could choose to end my cleanse pre-CdM, but that would open myself up to the temptations of beef, pork, cheese, and copious amounts of tortillas (in various forms).  Knowing the importance of the post-cleasne transition back to real food, I know this is not a good idea.

I have decided to celebrate my own Cinco de Mayo on May 25th.  I chose the 25th because 5 x 5 = 25.  I invite everyone to celebrate with me.



But with the true Holiday just a few days away, people are getting excited and the recipes are flowing over the interwebs.

Today, Refinery 29 featured Elizabeth Bank's Cowboy Caviar Dip.  Upon inital review of the ingredients and the recipe, it seems like a fancy guacamole.  I'm inspired.


Cowboy Caviar Dip
15 oz black-eyed peas
11 oz shoe peg corn
2 chopped avocados
2/3 cup chopped cilantro
2/3 cup chopped green onion

Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp salt 

Make the dressing separately, and then mix in when serving.

I took the tomato out of this recipe because I'm not a huge fan of tomatoes in guacamole, but if you want to add in some seeded/chopped tomatoes, GO WILD!

My Google images search shows me that Cowboy Caviar looks delicious) and probably does need the tomatoes.  It's more of an avocado-y Pico de Gallo than a guacamole.  Unless, of course, you decide to mash up those avocados!

Feliz Cinco de Mayo! And a big thank you to Refinery 29!  Om nom nom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

2. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

1. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)