Saturday Morning

My dad and I were hangin' in my hood on this chilly Saturday morning when we decided a cup of coffee and a place to sit and chat (and maybe grab a bite to eat) was in order.

I've been walking by Oro Bakery and Bar on Broome Street since I moved down to SoLiChi (SoHo/ Little Italy/Chinatown a.k.a. No Man's Land) and today decided it would be the perfect venue to fit the bill.

The little bakery/bar/cafe has 4 tables in the front (potentially more in the back, I didn't venture past the cashier) and upon walking in I immediately felt a homey warmth to the place.  Sitting at one of the two-tops, my dad and I ordered cappuccinos and a croissant and blueberry yogurt with almonds and honey, respectively.


I was very torn between the yogurt and the homemade granola with almond milk, but knowing that I will definitely go back to Oro, I opted for the yogurt.  The menu also features egg dishes, tartines, and salads that all sounded very appetizing and seemed reasonably priced.

The menu also features a cortado which I learned to love in Buenos Aires (of course).  This drink -- espresso with a bit of steamed milk -- is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.  I have had trouble finding cortados in New York (and a cortado is NOT the same as a macchiato) so seeing it on the menu put this experience above and beyond the delicious food and coffee.


[Apparently cortados are no longer a mysterious menu item in New York.
My Argentine friend said there are many places that offer this beverage.  Woohoo!]


Happy Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

2. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

1. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)