Cleanse: Day 15

Today is Day 15 of my Juice (and smoothie) cleanse.

I still feel amazing.

After many conversation about the process of transitioning out of a detox, I have decided that today will be my last day of only juice.  Tomorrow I will re-incorporate solid foods into my diet.



When I initially embarked on this journey, I was planning to do 20 days.  I'm cutting myself 5 days short because I realized that I can't go back to "normal" after nearly 3 weeks without food.  In order to maintain the benefits of this detox, it is crucial that I make this transition slowly and carefully.

On Friday I head to New Orleans.  I want to be able to eat what I want to eat and not feel sick.  Giving myself a few days for recovery is probably not enough, but I'm making a compromise.  Will I dive immediately into fried foods and meat?  Absolutely not.  And honestly, that's not what I'm craving right now.



I am excited to eat raw foods and continue to feel the benefits of my cleanse why simultaneously chewing.  I have learned to be more aware of the food I want and what I feel like I need.  For example, yesterday I took a spin class and had a smoothie and a green juice afterwards.  Around 9pm, I needed something hearty, creamy, a little sweet.  I grabbed a Black Label.  Without spin, I probably could have just gone for another green juice (maybe something with fruit), but I knew I needed the sustenance of the almonds and coconut oil in Black Label.

Next post I'll detail all my pros/cons/thoughts/musings/diatribes on my cleanse.  Spoiler Alert: I would do this again!!!

Most importantly, Happy Cinco de Mayo!  I hope you enjoy your chips, guacamole, TACOS, and margaritas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

2. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

1. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)