Back in NY

Hell's Kitchen
679 Ninth Ave
New York, NY

Good News: I'm back in NY where taco shops are easy to come by and tend to be pretty good. Bad News: I'm working like crazy and have not had enough time to sample all the tacos I possible can.

Despite the bad news, I managed to try some tacos the other night with my dad. We met up at Hell's Kitchen, a restaurant I've passed numerous times but had yet to dine in, and settled down for a wonderful meal.

The "corn cake" with black-bean dip they brought out as the "bread and butter" to whet our appetites was scrumptious. I particularly enjoyed the juxtaposition of texture and temperature (heat and spice) that the dip provided.

My dad and I split an appetizer...some seafood tostada. (Of course I am blogging a little late and the online menu seems to have changed from my visit thus limiting the specificity of my post; but a good sign that they keep updating their food!) Delicious and perfectly proportioned.

I ordered skirt steak tacos, excited to re-taco my life. All in all, the flavors were great and I enjoyed the dish. I thought the meat was a bit chewy and the large strips made it slightly difficult to eat. However, the corn tortillas stayed in tact and the greens added a beautiful crunch to the taco.


As we enjoyed the meal I learned that the owners of Hell's Kitchen also own El Centro, a fave spot of mine just a few blocks North. No wonder I was content.

More tacos to come!

Comments

  1. Yum yum yum! I love empanadas, but some tacos would really hit the spot right now...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

2. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

1. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)