When in SF, go to The Mission.

For West Coast/Bay Area aficionados, the place to get delicious (and inexpensive) Mexican food is The Mission.


When I said I wanted tacos (and a burrito for my non-gluten free companions), everyone suggested El Farolito.  Arriving to a line that snaked out of the small NY pizza-joint styled eatery confirmed that this was the place to eat.

Standing outside in the unseasonably cold San Francisco winter weather (low 40s!), we deliberated the offerings and drooled over the menu.  Watching the guys expertly craft the steak quesadillas on the griddle was almost enough to sway my from my true calling.


I opted for an al pastor and carne asada tacos.  Expertly places on double corn tortillas with onions and cilantro, these tacos were good.  Really good.  The meat was juicy and plentiful and although I went a bit overboard on the super spicy salsa (red pico de gallo looking salsa), I balance the intensity with the cooling green tomatillo/avocado (??) option.

Two tacos were plenty of food and by the looks of the delicious horchata that was being dispensed by the minute, I should have added that to my order for a spectacular Farolito meal.

The super burritos were super...in size.  Don't be fooled by the addition of avocado etc as the factors that make this bad boy so super.  Size matters.



Thank you, El Farolito.  You made me smile a taco smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

2. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

1. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)