Airport Cuisine

Andale Mexican Restaurant
San Francisco International Airport, California
Terminal 3

As we are in the midst of the Holiday season and my travels back and forth from school to vacation and home, I have become extremely airport savvy. I know how to find a good wireless signal, which bathrooms will be the least crowded, how to get through airport security in record time etc. The one thing that I am still working on mastering is airport dining. The gluten-free options are scarce and there tends to be a lack of healthfulness in airport cuisine. Until now.

After a brief trip to San Francisco to see The Bob Hill Band return home and play an extraordinary show at Slim's, I was en route to New York and hungry in the airport. The food court was bustling with Christmas Eve-day travelers, but I managed to make my way in and secure a spot in line for Andale Mexican Restaurant. I ordered the "Tacos Mexicanos" -- 3 soft corn tortillas with carne asada (grilled beef), chopped onion, cilantro, and salsa verde. Simplicity really is key. These tacos were delicious. The proportion of ingredients was balanced, the flavor was strong, and I was smiling as I boarded my flight.

Well done, Andale! I have a new outlook on airport dining (and one with a little Mexican flare no less).

Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

2. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

1. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)