Dreams Come True

Topolobampo!

I have heard great things about Rick Bayless' Fine Dining Mexican Restaurant and have been pining to go since I started calling Chicago my 2nd home. When my sister visited in October, we attempted to walk in and dine, but there was a 3 hour wait. Yes, 3 hours!

It must be good.

Now, it's February, and the Mexican dining Gods are working in my favor and I am going to Topolobampo on Wednesday. Stay tuned for a review!


Here's what Zagat says:
Surveyors swear you get the “best high-end Mexican food in Chicago” (or perhaps “anywhere”), “crafted from the freshest ingredients”, at “creative” “celebrity chef” Rick Bayless’ “must-go” River North “treasure”, the “upscale sister to Frontera Grill” (“with prices to match”); its “cheerful” servers are “extremely knowledgeable”, and the “fantastic wine pairings” and “awesome” margaritas are “standouts” as well; just know that the “intimate”, art-filled “white-tablecloth” setting is “always crowded”, so “make your reservations early.”

NYT Travel Review

Oh, I just cannot wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

2. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

1. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)