Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

Lincoln Park Zoo
2001 N. Clark St
Chicago, IL



For weeks now I have been planning a Chicago Taco Adventure. Realizing that there are no good tacos in Evanston, I now must venture into parts of Chicago to get my taco fix.

This adventure is still in the planning stages, so I was very excited (and surprised) when I came across tacos at the Lincoln Park Zoo.

After observing polar bears, meerkats, penguins, flamingos, lions, leopards, and monkeys enjoy their dinner my stomach was growling for some food of my own. At first I was hesitant to go into the usually over-priced tourist trap food court, but the sign pointing the direction to the entrance was very enticing. It listed the cuisines available in the food court and immediately "Mexican" caught my eye. I rushed in and jumped in line to get my tacos.

I orderd the taco platter and asked for a combination between chicken and beef. They were very official in warming up the corn tortillas and crafting the taco so that the wetter ingredients (pico de gallo, salsa etc) did not go in first -- they understood how disastrous a messy taco could be.



The chicken taco was delicious! I was afraid the meat would be too stew-like, but it tasted quite fresh and added a nice level of dimension to the taco. I was not as big of fan of the beef taco -- the ground beef was similar to what you would find in a "taco kit" you buy at the supermarket. Rather than ruin the taco experience, I scraped the beef out of the tortilla and made a meatless taco full of cheese, lettuce, salsa and sour cream. Also, the great thing about the taco platter is it came with rice and beans on the side. A full meal!

I left the food court very satisfied with my taco find and my dire craving for comida mexicana is somewhat satiated.

Stay tuned for the epic Blocho's Tacos Hit Chicago post. Coming soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

2. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)

1. A Taco Tour (in Three Parts)